Caring for the Individual
Dr. Mani Alikhani’s dedication to treating all ages allows him to interact with a broad range of patients, all of whom have unique characteristics that need individual attention and care. By spending sufficient amount of time with his patients chairside, Dr. Alikhani assures them that they are receiving the best treatment possible, treating each one as he treats his own family. Additionally, Dr. Alikhani asks all of his patients to keep in touch after treatment so that he can continue observing their health in order to help them maintain the benefits they have achieved. Dr. Alikhani is always there to listen to his patients, helping to accommodate their treatment based on their needs and lifestyle and creating a relationship that is based on respect and trust. He studies new and tested orthodontic techniques to ensure his patients achieve results comfortably and efficiently.
- Doctorate of Dental Medicine – Tufts University
- Certificate in Orthodontics – New York University
- Masters of Science Degree – State University of New York at Stony Brook
- PhD – Boston University
For Dr. Alikhani, orthodontics is not a job, but an amazing crossroads of interaction between biology and physics. It is here that his knowledge of craniofacial biology, cell biology, molecular biology, biomechanics, and most importantly, growth and development, are the key factors for success. He spends much of his time studying and developing new treatment approaches in the laboratory and clinic. He is a founder and leads the Consortium for Translational Orthodontic Research (CTOR) (www.orthodonticscientist.org). Here, with the help of its residents, research fellows and faculties, doctors try to expand their knowledge in orthodontics to provide new modalities for daily treatment. Dr. Alikhani’s team was the first in the United States to develop a technique for accelerated tooth movement, which is currently being manufactured by a company.
- Faculty Professor and Lecturer in the Dept. of Orthodontics at Harvard School of Dental Medicine
- Director of Consortium for Translational Orthodontic Research
- Director of the Craniofacial Biology group for the International Association for Dental Research, the most scientific organization in the field of dentistry in the United States.
- International Association for Dental Research (IADR)
- American Association for Dental Research (AADR)
- American Dental Association (ADA)
- American Association of Orthodontics (AAO)
- North East Society of Orthodontics (NESO)